Pages

Saturday 2 March 2013

Currently, etc.

Hello Friends!

Thanks for sticking around, even though I have been a lazy blogger most of the time that I have been with you. I promise that eventually things will pick up around here! Around the same time that they pick up in my teaching career. Sigh.

Anyway, I shall start with this month's Currently. If you haven't yet, you should check it out (every month) by Farley over at Oh Boy 4th Grade. She always has lots of fun things going on.




Oh' boy fourth grade


So here is what right now looks like for me:


I should be working on my PBDE project, but instead I am working on cover letters and blog stalking. Very worthwhile past-times! Since I've started this post-bacc program, I'm techinically able to apply for different resource/special ed. positions. There were a couple postings this week, but I'm kind of afraid that I will be completely over my head if I get something. I just need to work on believing in my abilities and figuring out how to bring that across to others. Also, I am craving a frappucino. But I am still in my PJs at 2 pm. So that tells you how much motivation I have today :)

On an unrelated job note, I really need a teaching job so that I don't have to work so much retail anymore! I am really sick of working Sundays. 

And my "like, love, hate": 
I always think that "D" words are so hard...but I came up with three. My like, dorkiness, is just fun. I've been lucky enough to get a lot of sub days at a school that I worked at for most of the last school year. So my "dorkiness" is one thing that lets me connect with students and have fun. My love, is my dog, Leif. He is such a dork too. 

But how could you not love this face?

That's my puppy giving me a "I missed you, momma!" hug!

And the last, my hate, is drama. I feel like there is always someone trying to start things. So I'm doing my best to avoid those who start and spread it all.

That's it for now! Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I understand about wanting a job. I HATE that I am leaving such an awesome job! I really love my school and my class (was hoping to loop this next year) but my hubby and I have decided to move so that means I am back looking for a job! I hope it all just falls into place!

    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've been waiting 6 years now, teaching all over the place around my city. But I'm hoping that the right one is just waiting for the right time. Hope everything works out for you!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the job! I know it's hard. I was lucky enough to luck into mine (ha)...and at the time the "when it's right, it will happen" and "it all happens for a reason" just upset me. It turns out now they were all right, because I couldn't imagine getting any other job at any other school at any other time.

    Cindy
    Teach With All the Colors of the Wind

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you don't mind an invite to join another Linky Party! I have not managed to post my Currently this month...I have been working on creating blog buttons for my newest page/post. I am hosting a Blog by Province Linky Party for Canadian bloggers. Please consider linking up
    http://teachingisagift.blogspot.ca/2013/03/blog-by-province.html. While you are there you can grab your province button and link back to the party! Hope you will come and join in!

    ReplyDelete