Pages

Monday 20 August 2012

Made it Monday! Finally!






Yay! I finally made it for a Made it Monday with Tara over at Fourth Grade Frolics




This Made it is actually a while in the making, but it is finished...and it is Monday, so I get to link up! I'm so excited! 

If you spend as much time on Pinterest as I do, you'll probably know this sign: 


Classroom Rules
http://www.etsy.com/listing/81301231/classroom-rules-subway-style-wood-sign?ref=cat3_gallery_22





Which I really loved. Then, scrolling through another set of Monday Made Its, I found this post by Jen @ Teaching and Tech in the Middle School (go check it out if you want how to pictures, and because she's awesome). 

So short story long, I went to Michael's, bought a canvas and a couple tubes of paint, bought some different font cartridges for my Cricut, cut the phrases on cardstock to use as a stencil and ended up with this: 



(Please excuse the blurry phone picture)



It still needs a couple touch ups, but I'm pretty excited about how it turned out. Thinking about doing a matching/opposite colours one for this: 

So true!  

And on another note: Had an interview today! Keeping my fingers & toes crossed until Wednesday. Sent positive thoughts my way! 

Now go amaze me with your craftiness!


Happy Monday Everyone!


4 comments:

  1. Love your signs! You did a great job! I am your newest follower.
    Visit P.J. Jots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sign looks great! I am having a giveaway for some owl classroom posters if you would like to stop by and enter!

    Kelly
    http://teachingfourth.blogspot.com/2012/08/inspired-monday-made-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're canvas' turned out great! I think I am going to start saving my pennies for a Cricut! I've seen and heard they are amazing. I am new to blogging and found your link from The School Potato! I am your newest follower and would love for you to check out my blog.

    Sent From My iPad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Nikki!

    I do love my Cricut! My new project is a canvas of Mater quotes for my friend's two year old who is obsessed with Cars! :)

    ReplyDelete